The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Friday 1 June 2012

Fabulous Fridays: The Diamond Jubilee

This weekend Britain’s Queen Elizabeth celebrates her Diamond Jubilee. Once she was our queen too. Royal events always make me feel so nostalgic. They remind me of  a different time, when I was really young and this island was such a different place. But that’s a story for some other time …

There’s nothing like a royal celebration to unite the British in a heartfelt show of patriotism. London is awash with red, white and blue and the Union Jack is everywhere. It has even found its way onto clothing, accessories and home furnishings. Here are my picks for this once-in-a-lifetime event - from the subtle to the not so subtle, from the quirky to the sublime … which one’s your favourite?
-
Original Brit
Union Jack decorative foot stool
via Etsy
                              Source: voilagallery.com via Collette on Pinterest


And if you prefer something a bit less red, white and blue …
                                     Source: craftycouturebylauren.blogspot.com via Me on Pinterest

                                                                         Source: flickr.com via Traci on Pinterest



So, hooray for the queen and all things royal (I think royal families are so much more interesting than boring presidents) and may you all have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

  1. I'd love the Royal clutch, please!
    Thank you and a wonderful weekend to you,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decorated street, the lollipops and the little quilt but they are all really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything! would be great to be there for the jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a big event even for us here in Belgium although we also have a King, but that's not the same. Yesterday evening I watched Prince Charles who talked about his mother and showed old albums and little films when he was a baby, a toddler and a little boy. Was really sweet ç

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..Loree, you found many interesting things! Yes, royal families have such a long big list of history to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I like the lollipops. And I agree with Icy BC, you did find quite a collection of items to feature!

    I'd like, very much, to read about,

    'a different time, when I was really young and this island was such a different place.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun collection of photos.. I love the decoration in the streets! The clutch is my favourite!
    Stop by for my Lavender Dreams giveaway. Wishing you a lovely weekend. xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  8. The boots! Definitely the boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, the boots is really eye catching. I also have a keychain with the UK flag. Hooray to the Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the royal family has always fascinated me since i lived in england as a girl. i'm curious how malta was different when you were a child - as you said, that story is for another post and i hope to read about it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the flags look awesome. i love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that royal families are so much fun to follow along too. We've had fun catching up each morning on the events of the day before in London. What a year for England...with the Olympics next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails