The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Monday 2 November 2009

Ruby Tuesday: Telephone Box

It's time for another Ruby Tuesday. I seem to have caught the Ruby Tuesday bug because I seem to be forever taking photos of anything red.

Today I wanted to share something with you which is quite a common sight over here. It is one of our old telephone boxes. Like all countries that were at some time under British rule, our old telephone boxes are red. A really bright, vibrant red which surely cannot be missed by anyone in urgent need of making a call. These days phone boxes are not used much since mobile phones have taken over our lives. But I think that the old phone boxes are charming and provide a splash of colour, especially when, like this one in the picture, they are standing against an old limestone building. This particular phone box is in our old capital city Mdina. You can learn more about Mdina and Malta by visiting my other blog here.





For more Ruby Tuesday's go here. I hope you all have fun visiting.

20 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had red phone booths too. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a charming red phone box! I love all the little panes in it. I haven't seen phone booths in my area for many years but they were usually silver and blue. Not as easy to notice as your red ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful telephone booth! I don't remember see one in red color here. I like your reflection in the phone booth too, Loree! Very cool..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The phone booth stands out, and is a stand-out! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww i remember that phone booth! we got those before :)

    u may view mine if u have time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful phone booth!

    How about an ornery little fella for Ruby Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red phone booths do stand out, I guess if you looking for one they are easy to spot.
    Great photo and choice for Ruby Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first visit to your blog. I really like the phone booth. It gives a mix of modern and old fashioned but if I was going to have it as art I would not want the person in the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, that IS pretty, especially against the stone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these red phone booths---i took a couple of photos when i visited London a few years ago.:p

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this....and the reflection in the glass too!!

    My R T is posted now. "I came, HE SAWED, we conquered". come see. Here is the permalink to my Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them ! They remind me London, there are still some standing there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The old telly booths. Makes me think of Superman..he also wears a ruby red Cape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe your reflection is quite clear in the glass panes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is near to see that they really do have read phone booths, as we commonly think of. Do people really use them anymore? Great classic picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to all for your comments. Yes, I know my reflection is in the glass. i was not going to post the photo and then thought what the heck?? I did not have much time to go through my photos this week because I was working on some posts which I hope to share with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We still have those boxes here. There is one right outside my house. As you said, not many people use them anymore. It's also a shame that they're getting rid of these red ones to replace them with the newer variety.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Need to make a call?
    See the red telephone box?
    You can make it there.

    My Ruby Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails