The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Light, It’s All About The Light

It’s the end of October and I am still dreaming of rain. The ground is parched and the sky seems to have forgotten how to create clouds. Autumn has decided to take its ‘mists and mellow fruitfulness’ to some other place this year, leaving us with a season that is long past its sell-by date.
Imnarja Eve 003
But, despite everything, I have come to appreciate the sunlight. Because when you walk around with a camera attached to your hip, you start to notice things that would otherwise be taken for granted. Like the nuances of the light. Its ephemeral hues. From the blinding, harsh brightness of mid-day; to the golden light of mid-afternoon and the rosy glow of sunset. I have come to know them all, to look out for that time of day when the light will be …, well, just right. Just picture-perfect right.
Imnarja Eve 006
Suddenly,it almost becomes a game. A game of looking for sunlight and shadows; of seeking unexpected patterns on walls; of brightness and darkness. It’s a game of telling a story without words.
Imnarja Eve 007Imnarja Eve 009Imnarja Eve 011
Location: Mdina, June 2013

7 comments:

  1. You don't know how lucky you are living in permanent sunshine ! I just returned from the South of France where I did a sunshine cure, very much needed in this grey and rainy country where I live !
    Your pictures are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loree, this was such a perfect post. I am going through a shift in my relationship to light moving from the desert to a misty place. Your images are like food for my soul. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loree - we are in the midst of rain right now - wish we could trade some for your sunlight. Your words and photos are awesome friend. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rain and dark is coming....I can feel it here in California!We have day light savings on Sunday!
    I love your paper boarder.......I would love to visit Malta one day!I have a friend who lives in Florence, but she is Canadian. Her family is from Malta.I shall forward your e-mail on to her!
    The rain is coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sun light as everything looks so much prettier, and my mood is in a better stage. Our gray days are coming and staying for quite a while.

    Gorgeous photos, Loree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're so right - the camera helps us to see (and i love the light and shadow you've captured here)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I like fall and rainy, stormy days, I'm missing the sunshine of summer and the warmth. Temps are beginning to fluctuate and you're never quite sure what the weather holds. Wishing you a lovely week. xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails