The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Thursday 29 October 2009

This Is Tuscany

Driving through the secondary roads of the Tuscan countryside, I let my eyes drink in the beauty of this gem in the heart of Italy because I wanted the scenery to forever be painted on the canvas of my mind.
Tuscany 410
The rows and rows of vines with straggly bunches of late autumn grapes.
Tuscany 416
The groves of olive trees, their waxy leaves giving off a silvery sheen in the bright rays of the sun.
Tuscany 414Tuscany 413
The cypress trees standing out like dark sentinels of the peaceful land.
Tuscany 324
Whitewashed buildings with terracotta tiled-roofs.
Tuscany 415
Ancient villages hanging precariously to cliff edges.
Tuscany 417
Walled towns with high bells towers surveying the land, always on the look out for invaders that will come no more.
Tuscany 409Tuscany 412 Tuscany 706
A feeling of peace pervades the air and in the silence the distant clanging of a church bell echoes across the fields.
Tuscany 411
And always, on the horizon, the fertile rolling hills …
Tuscany 360
This is the Tuscany of my dreams. A place that stole my imagination and my heart. A place where time itself seems to have slowed down. If I was an artist I would set up my easel and capture the Tuscan countryside in all its moods, all its seasons. But, as it is, I have to use mere words to convey a beauty that is not just seen but felt in the innermost depths of the soul.
I hope that one day I will return to this enchanting place, buy an old, old house and spend my days filling notebooks with useless poems, while the scent of spring poppies floats in through the open window. Until that day, I will continue to dream …

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your tour of the Tuscany countryside. It is beautiful and I adore all the various green hues. Looks like it would be a nice place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely. I hope to go someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Tuscany but your photos prove it really is as beautiful as movies, magazines and wine bottles portray it! Lovely post Loree!

    Smiles,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly hope you get your wish.....it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful blog. fantastic pictures. Great descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for giving us a tour. I doubt I'll ever get there. But I hope you get to live out your dreams there.

    I've given you two awards back at my blog http://www.StarlightBlog.com Don't worry if you don't have the time to do the whole award thing. Just know your blog is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to thank you all for your comments. I will be posting more pictures and posts about Tuscany in the coming days.

    Mary Anne: thanks for the awards. They are greatly appreciated.

    Mary: welcome to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi like this beautiful , amazing place , i wish i want to visit that place once

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was surprised at how like my area of Cyprus it is! Played catch up on your posts and all entertaining, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails